It’s an exciting time for technology lovers – Apple’s iPhone 4S has recently been unveiled (selling millions within the first three days of its release), and the release date of Samsung’s Nexus Prime is reportedly scheduled for November 10, 2011. So, it’s decision time, folks. Which of these Smartphones should you consider purchasing? It’s actually pretty obvious which phone is the better option – the Nexus Prime undoubtedly beats out the iPhone 4S in almost all categories. Here are the top 8 reasons why the Nexus Prime is better than the iPhone 4S:
- The quality of the camera. The Nexus Prime enjoys quite the superior camera features. The phone boasts a 5 megapixel rear camera, as well as a 1.3 megapixel front camera. The Nexus Prime’s video camera is also top-notch – it can record video at 1080 HD resolution.
- That whole Ice Cream Sandwich thing. The design of the Nexus Prime is unparalleled – it’s the first Smartphone to run on Google Inc.’s Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The Ice Cream Sandwich is the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system. It’s a cross between the Android 2.3 and the Android 3.0 (codenamed “Gingerbread” and “Honeycomb”, respectively), and it’s bound to be a tasty treat. The Nexus Prime is also much thinner than the iPhone 4S, making it that much more portable.
- The efficient connectivity. While the iPhone 4S enjoys a dual core A5 processor, this is a feature that Android devices have had for a while. The Nexus Prime is the clear winner when it comes to connectivity, due to its 1.2 GHz TI OMAP dual core processor.
- The battery power. The Nexus Prime has a 1,750 mAh battery, while the iPhone 4S only has a 1,420 mAh battery. No competition here!
- The display. As all good techies know, it’s important to get the biggest display possible when it comes to choosing a Smartphone. After all, you don’t want to be constantly squinting at the screen of your phone when you’re simply trying to send a text message. The Nexus Prime has the better readability factor, with its 4.65 inch Super AMOLED display; in contrast, the iPhone 4S has a mere 3.5 inch touch screen. The Super AMOLED display will have much better color, as well.
- The added bonus of near-field communications support (NFC). Unlike the iPhone 4S, the Nexus Prime has NFC – this means that transactions and data exchange will be much, much easier.
- RAM. The Nexus Prime comes out on top in terms of RAM, with its full GB RAM –with its 512 MB RAM, the iPhone 4S just doesn’t quite stack up.
- Its 4G capability. The iPhone 4S doesn’t even compare here. The Nexus Prime enjoys a 4G LTE capability, while the iPhone 4S only has a 3G capability. This means the Nexus Prime will have a much higher download speed than the iPhone 4S – a very important feature, indeed.