Most often error messages in Excel spreadsheets. When you see it you will automatically guess that there is a typo in your formulas or a piece of information that you have given is incorrect or missing. , The Trace Empty Cell arrow changes into a Trace Precedents arrow instead of disappearing as expected. It’s very difficult to remove this red alert arrow. This situation occurs mostly in Excel 2007, 2003 and 2002.
If you are thinking about how can you remove this trace arrow, then follow these simple steps given below:
If you are using Excel 2007, then follow these steps:
- Select the cell in excel sheet to which the arrow is pointing.
- Toggle to the Formulas tab, you can click Remove All Arrows drop-down prompt in Formula Auditing block near the top right-hand side of the window. Afterwards click Remove Precedent Arrows.
If you are using Microsoft Office Excel 2003 or Microsoft Excel 2002, then you can follow these steps given below:
- Click on the cell with the arrow and open the “Tools” menu
- On the Tools menu, point to Formula Auditing, and then click Show Formula Auditing Toolbar.
- On the Formula Auditing toolbar, you can select Remove Precedent Arrows.
You don’t have to crack your head for removing this arrow anymore, just follow these steps and you will find it to be disappeared from your sheet.
Check out this video given below to get a clear idea of how to remove this arrow.