L.G has sent invitations to the Press yesterday asking them to save the date of May 1st. It’s been mentioned in the invites that the event is to “share the genius” and it would “capture the spotlight in true brilliance. It’s been assumed that the event is mainly held to announce the launch of LG Optimus G Pro in US after it’s official debut in February.
This event will take place in Newyork. It’s been said that this phone is a bigger version of Samsung Galaxy S3. This phone comes with a big 5.5-inch full HD screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and is powered by a 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor. It also has a 13-megapixel camera, 2GB of RAM, and 32 GB of storage. Optimus G Pro also comes with a 2 megapixel front face camera, a 3,140 mAh battery that even offers a wireless charging facility.
The rear camera of this phone comes with features like 15x digital zoom, geotagging, timer, five white balances, four color effects, five ISO options ranging from 100 to 800, six scene modes, three focuses, voice activated shutter and time-machine options. Apart from that there are also six shooting modes, consisting of HDR, panorama, beauty shot and VR panorama.
It’s also said that the handset will be available at a range of carriers including AT&T. It has a userinterface that allows you to customize the menu items just like the way you wish to appear. You can customize the color and assign various kinds of alerts.
The phone comes with an assignable button called “QButton” that you can use for frequently used apps like the camera.There is a feature available for Optimus G Pro called QSlide apps. This is basically app-like widgets that float over your screen. It has an excellent multitasking software and a strong build quality too.
You can take a look at the key specifications discussed below:
- HSPA + LTE connectivity
- 5.5-inch full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) True HD-IPS+ LCDscreen that works even with gloves on
- Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600 SoC with quad-core 1.7GHz Krait 300 CPU and Andreno 320 GPU
- 2GB of RAM, 32GB of built-in storage, microSD card slot
- 13-megapixel rear-camera with backlit sensor, HDR, touch-focus, face detection, LED flash, etc.
- 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera
- Dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/b, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS + GLONASS, NFC, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- 3140 mAh battery
- TV out with MHL-enabled microUSB port and Miracast
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with LG’s Optimus UI running on top
- Dimensions: 150.2 x 76.1 x 9.4 mm, 160 grams