Video sites are getting lots of popularity these days. Today I am going to explain how to set up video streaming for a conference or any events. We can use open source application VLC player for this. The main advantage using VLC player is the application is open source, support most of the video formats, moreover the application works well with most of the operating systems which include Windows, Linux, Mac OSx etc. Download VLC player for your operating system.
Now I will explain the steps to stream video online.
1) VLC Player
2) Video Camera (to shoot conference and or event)
3) Camera connector to your server system. (May be some USB cable from camera to the system)
4) High speed Internet connection (If you want to stream through internet) with a good up link capacity.
5) If possible a static IP so that the IP can be used by clients
6) VLC player supporting operating system mentioned above.
1) After installing VLC player in your operating system (check all components while installing), open the application. Normally you can browse the application from the start menu with the path like this(Start Menu->All Programs(Program Files)->VideoLAN) if you are using windows.
2) Click on the file menu, select menu item called “Wizard”. Select the radio button that shows “Stream to Network” and click “Next” button.
3) On the next window you will be prompted with a window to select stream. You can either use a file to stream or if it is live conference select the camera input from the Window. You can select the camera input from the tab “DirectShow” or from disc or even from network. Click OK button and then “Next” button.
4) Select HTTP radio and enter your static IP address in the “Destination” textfield and then select “Next” that will prompt you file format. Select the default format that may be either ASF if you are windows or MPEG or something if you are using some other operating system. Click next and fill in the TTL field as 1 and click “Finish” to complete the streaming server installation and configuration.
Open a new instance of VLC player. Click on the file menu and select Open Network Stream’. On the dialog that shows up, select the ‘HTTP/HTTPS/..’ radio button on ‘Network’ tab and enter ‘IPAddress:8080’ in the edit box beside it . Click ‘OK’.
Embedding the video into a web page.
Create a simple HTML page and deploy it in some web server that can handle it online. On the HMTL page enter the HTML below.
The will also stream the same video through a web page.
Have fun reading. Don’t forget to subscirbe my RSS feed, you will be updated with latest trend bug fixes etc.