Ever you felt that your mouse over and menu item opening is slow in your Windows Vista? Yeah this is true there is a delay of half a second or more. But there is a workaround to avoid this unnecessary delay. I will explain you step by step process to avoid this.
1. Open your registry editor. Type “regedit” on your search in start menu and press enter.
2. Expand the branches to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
3. Double-click the MenuShowDelay value. If it’s not there, go to Edit > New > String Value, and type MenuShowDelay for the name of the new value.
4. The numeric value you enter here is the number of milliseconds (thousandths of a second) Windows will wait before opening a menu. Enter 0 (zero) here to eliminate the delay completely.
5. Click OK and close the Registry Editor when you’re finished. Log off and then log back in or restart Windows or restart explorer.exe for this change to take effect.
This will remove menu show delay. Just do this and watch whether a significant behavior for your menu.